Jun 8, 2022
It’s summertime and we’re revisiting our own hometown urban legends. Don’t go swimming in Lake Ronkonkoma, don’t visit the Hell House, and don’t look too deep into the military base that inspired Stranger Things. But DO grab a Long Island beer and listen to this episode.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of suicide, murder, death, execution, drowning, colonization, police corruption, animal attacks, child death, war, hanging, car accidents, medical/scientific experimentation, decomposition, military, and disease.
- Live Show: Join us on July 15th in-person in NYC OR stream the show live!
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: It’s Multitude Survey Summer! Give us your feedback at multitude.productions/survey
- OSEA creates clean, vegan, and cruelty-free products that are safe for your skin and the planet. Get 10% off your first order with promo code SPIRITS at OSEAmalibu.com.
- Blueland creates everyday eco-friendly cleaning productions that save you money and space, without any plastic waste. Get 20% off your first order when you go to blueland.com/spirits.
- BetterHelp is a secure online counseling service. Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/spirits
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.