Nov 3, 2021
This is it. This is the one. Potentially the spookiest story we’ve ever told on this show. In fact it is the ONLY story of this episode. That’s how good it is. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed. Presenting: The Shuddering of Creekside Mushrooms.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of corrupt law enforcement, racism, dangerous working conditions, disappearances, scientific experimentation, Alzheimer’s, sharks, insects, migraines, mining and mining accidents, animals in peril, dissociation, memory loss, politics, human sacrifice, and pandemic.
- TAROT! Get the Spirits Major Arcana at spiritspodcast.com/merch!
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends Down Comes the Night by Allison Saft.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Check out HORSE: A podcast about ridiculous stories, internet drama, and some of the biggest and baddest personalities out there today—all from the world of basketball.
- Doordash is a fast, convenient food delivery app. Get 25% off and zero delivery fees on your first order of $15 or more when you download the DoorDash app and enter code creepycool.
- Skillshare is an online learning community where you can learn—and teach—just about anything. Explore your creativity at Skillshare.com/spirits and get a free trial of Premium Membership. This week Julia recommends “Painting with Thread: Modern Embroidery for Beginners” with Danielle Clough.
- Brooklinen delivers luxury bed sheets, pillows, comforters, & blankets straight to your door. Go to Brooklinen.com right now and use promo code “spirits” to get $25 off when you spend $100 or more, PLUS free shipping.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.