Aug 18, 2021
Lay your head down, close your eyes, and drift off to dreamland as we talk about the mythological stories and figures that inhabit your dreams! Also, dream interpretation via...puns?
More information from We R Native.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of medical complications, nightmares, intrusive thoughts, drug use, sex, violence, death, feces/excrement, child endangerment, body horror, kidnapping, and cultural appropriation.
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: It's our favorite time of year: MULTITUDE SURVEY SUMMER! Go to multitude.productions/survey to help us learn more about you and decide what's next for the collective.
- Calm is the #1 app to help you reduce your anxiety and stress and help you sleep better. Get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/spirits.
- Skillshare is an online learning community where you can learn—and teach—just about anything. Explore your creativity at Skillshare.com/spirits and get a free trial of Premium Membership. This week Julia recommends “Teach Yourself to Draw Anything” by Hayden Aube.
- ThirdLove is on a mission to find a perfect bra for everyone. Get 20% off your first order at thirdlove.com/spirits.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.