May 26, 2021
An episode with a framing device, within a framing device. We’re getting meta here with the One Thousand and One Nights story, Sinbad the Sailor. We discuss whether or not Sinbad is the luckiest or unluckiest guy in the world, his buckwild plans, and befriending eccentric rich guys.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of xenophobia, death, drowning, infidelity, misogyny, wealth disparity, peril, starvation, cannibalism, and violence.
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends Top Chef: Portland.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Subscribe today to one of the other fantastic shows on Multitude! Just click that link or search for Multitude in your podcast player.
- Calm is the #1 app to help you reduce your anxiety and stress and help you sleep better. Get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/spirits.
- Rothy’s makes stylish and sustainable shoes, bags, and masks.
- She’s Birdie is a personal safety alarm. Get 15% off your first purchase at shesbirdie.com/spirits
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.