Jul 22, 2020
What if your house was legally haunted? The Ackleys of Nyack, New York had to deal with just that. We look into the legal precedent of paranormal activity, real estate hauntings, and ask the question: At what point is it worth it to own a haunted house?
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of legal disputes, racism, The Confederate Flag, slavery, violence against indigenous people, death, capitalism, real estate, and haunting.
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends subscribing to Nicole Cardoza’s Anti-Racism Daily newsletter and supporting her on Patreon. Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Merch: Our new pins, digital coloring book, and posters are all for sale at http://spiritspodcast.com/merch!
- Multitude: Get tickets to our July 30th LIVE SHOW at http://multitude.productions/digitallive
- BetterHelp is a secure online counseling service. Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/spirits
- SunSoil makes pure and simple CBD products at an unbeatable price. Get 30% off your first order by going to sunsoil.com/spirits
- Miro is an online whiteboard that brings teams together anytime, anywhere. Sign up for a free account with unlimited team members at miro.com/spirits
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.