Sep 13, 2023
We’ve got goosebumps, which is the perfect way to start off the spooky season! We’ve got haunted libraries, a really scary visitor to a house, and a competition for whose house is most haunted.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of home invasion, demonic possession, death, explosions, illness, and murder.
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends community gardens, especially McCarren Demo Garden!
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Check out Tell Me About It!
- Ravensburger CreArt, a new paint-by-numbers experience! Shop on Amazon, their website, or your local art supply store.
- Wildgrain is the first bake-from-frozen box for artisanal bread. For a limited time, you can get $30 off the first box - PLUS free Croissants in every box - when you go to Wildgrain.com/Spirits to start your subscription.
Find Us Online
- Website & Transcripts: spiritspodcast.com
- Patreon: patreon.com/spiritspodcast
- Merch: spiritspodcast.com/merch
- Instagram: instagram.com/spiritspodcast
- Twitter: twitter.com/spiritspodcast
- Tumblr: spiritspodcast.tumblr.com
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/group/show/205387
Cast & Crew
- Editor: Mischa Stanton
- Artwork: Allyson Wakeman
- Multitude: multitude.productions
Spirits is a boozy podcast about mythology, legends, and folklore. Every episode, co-hosts Julia and Amanda mix a drink and discuss a new story or character from a wide range of places, eras, and cultures. Learn brand-new stories and enjoy retellings of your favorite myths, served over ice every week, on Spirits.