Oct 27, 2021
We’re talking demons, haunted houses, and horror tropes as we watch 2013’s The Conjuring. And asking the important question: How long would YOU live in this haunted a house?
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of death, misogyny, mental health/mental illness, violence against women, animal death, possession, suicide, murder, child endangerment, drowning, child death, human sacrifice, home invasions, colonialism, and body horror.
- Live Show: Join us October 27th at 8:00 EST for a LIVE virtual show! Get your tickets at spiritspodcast.com/live!
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends Australian Survivor. Julia recommends the Paranormal Activity movies.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Have you heard about the MultiCrew?! This is our membership program that lets you help us invest in Multitude as we try weird new stuff. Plus, you get a members-only weekly podcast: Head Heart Gut, our weekly friendly debate show. Join for as little as $5 a month at multicrew.club and get access to Head Heart Gut!
- She’s Birdie is a personal safety alarm. Get 15% off your first purchase at shesbirdie.com/spirits
- Calm is the #1 app to help you reduce your anxiety and stress and help you sleep better. Get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/spirits.
- Milk Bar puts unique spins on iconic flavors and is the perfect gift for anyone and everyone in your life. Get $10 off any order of $50 or more by going to milkbarstore.com/SPIRITS.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.