Oct 6, 2021
We’re going on a haunted date through the forest. Because you don’t really know your partner until you see how polite they are to a terrifying German bone man. But bonus points if they’re ghost hunting grandmas.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of infections, underage drinking, college finals, child abduction, child endangerment, sexual assault, transphobia, grandparent death, heteronormativity, ageism, and bones.
- Live Show: Join us October 27th at 8:00 EST for a LIVE virtual show! Get your tickets at spiritspodcast.com/live!
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends Midnight Mass on Netflix.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Check out Meddling Adults: A whodunnit game show charity hosted by Mike Schubert. Search for Meddling Adults wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit meddlingadults.com
- Skillshare is an online learning community where you can learn—and teach—just about anything. Explore your creativity at Skillshare.com/spirits and get a free trial of Premium Membership. This week Julia recommends “Concept Art: Drawing Imaginary Worlds” with Ira Marcks.
- Calm is the #1 app to help you reduce your anxiety and stress and help you sleep better. Get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/spirits.
- If I Go Missin the Witches Did It is a podcast starring Oscar-nominated actress Gabourey Sidibe. When a Black writer goes missing, a white podcast host with a savior complex takes up the cause of finding her—and collides with a coven of influencers she suspects are responsible. Learn more about If I Go Missing The Witches Did It at realm.fm, and be sure to listen and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.