Jun 23, 2021
Ahoy! Is that the return of Sinbad the Sailor? It is! We’re judging the luckiest/unluckiest man in folklore this week, as well as talking about the economics of coconuts and monkeys.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of xenophobia, drug use, natural disaster, drowning, cannibalism, death, murder, violence against women, illness, being buried alive, starvation, animal death, strangulation, slavery, poaching, and graverobbing.
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends Full Bloom HBO Max
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Have you heard about the MultiCrew?! This is our membership program that lets you help us invest in Multitude as we try weird new stuff. Plus, you get a members-only weekly podcast: Head Heart Gut, our weekly friendly debate show. This month, Amanda, Brandon, and Eric Silver debate best day of the week. It gets heated.
- Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service that finds and delivers clothes, shoes, and accessories to fit your body, budget, and lifestyle. Get started at stitchfix.com/spirits for 25% off when you keep your whole box!
- Rothy’s makes stylish and sustainable shoes, bags, and masks.
- Function of Beauty is hair care formulated specifically for you. Save 20% off your first order at functionofbeauty.com/spirits
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.