Jun 9, 2021
Here comes the podcast, with its myths like always. We’re covering the origins of the classic, Beauty and the Beast, and decide that if we try, we can all be disembodied himbos.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of Stockholm syndrome, family abuse, death, imprisonment, institutionalization, illness, misogyny, infertility, birth, marriage, spousal murder, poverty, animal marriage, explosions, unrealistic beauty standards, and arranged marriages.
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends The Upward Spiral Workbook.
- Books: Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Call to Action: Check out our previous virtual live shows, and information about our future virtual live events at multitude.productions/live.
- Brooklinen delivers luxury bed sheets, pillows, comforters, & blankets straight to your door. Go to Brooklinen.com right now and use promo code “spirits” to get $25 off when you spend $100 or more, PLUS free shipping.
- Doordash is a fast, convenient food delivery app. Get 25% off and zero delivery fees on your first order of $15 or more when you download the DoorDash app and enter code creepycool.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.