Dec 30, 2020
We’re closing out this year with the tale of Chang’e - or rather, the many tales of the Chinese moon goddess. We cry through a musical, blend tales of betrayal and love, and discuss the honesty of grief and moving on, drinks in hand.
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of death, terminal illness, Covid-19, misogyny, murder, abusive relationships, emotional trauma, fire/death by fire, suicide, animal abuse, defecation, and family dysfunction.
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends The Grishaverse by Leigh Bardugo. Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Merch: Check out our digital merch, including the Cool Cryptid Compendium, at spiritspodcast.com/merch!
- Multitude: Check out other MultiShows! Search Multitude in your podcast player or go to multitude.productions.
- Calm is the #1 app to help you reduce your anxiety and stress and help you sleep better. Get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at calm.com/spirits.
- BetterHelp is a secure online counseling service. Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/spirits
- Brooklinen delivers luxury bed sheets, pillows, comforters, & blankets straight to your door. Go to Brooklinen.com right now and use promo code “spirits” for 10% off and free
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us @SpiritsPodcast on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon (http://patreon.com/spiritspodcast) to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at http://spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at http://spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to http://spiritspodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.