May 6, 2020
Time to put down the Switch, stop playing Animal Crossing, and listen to some urban legends. We’ve got squatters rights for ghosts, toddlers toddling, and the spookiness of corroborating evidence. Beat that, turnip prices!
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of natural disasters, child death, panic attacks, blood, accidental cannibalism, descriptions of violence, and threat of animal attacks.
- Recommendation: This week, Julia recommends The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs: A New History of their Lost World by Stephen L. Brusatte! Check out our previous book recommendations, guests’ books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Multitude: Digital merch for all shows, including new Spirits phone wallpapers, are available at http://multitude.productions/merch. Listen to Meddling Adults and Head Heart Gut by joining the MultiCrew. And our newest show, NEXT STOP, has just launched! Check out NEXT STOP in your podcast player or nextstopshow.com!
- Skillshare is an online learning community where you can learn—and teach—just about anything. Visit skillshare.com/spirits2 to get two months of Skillshare Premium for free! This week Amanda recommends “Postcards from Here: Playing with Ink” by Dylan Mierzwinski.
- BetterHelp is a secure online counseling service. Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/spirits
- Shaker and Spoon, the subscription cocktail service that turns your house into the craft cocktail bar of your dreams.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to SpiritsPodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.