Apr 1, 2020
Sure, we talk about mythology all the time, but what if we talked about mythology AND architecture AND science? So we’re diving deep on gargoyles to find out how they went from architectural necessities to living creatures in folklore!
Content Warning: This episode contains conversations about or mentions of age-inappropriate crushes, religious influence, murder, fire/burning, sexual assault, and incarceration.
- Recommendation: This week, Amanda recommends Rebecca Solnit’s Recollections of My Nonexistence! Buy a copy and see our new lists of previous recommendations, guest books, and more at spiritspodcast.com/books
- Multitude: Join the MultiCrew at multicrew.club, and check out Next Stop in your podcast player or nextstopshow.com!
- Skillshare is an online learning community where you can learn—and teach—just about anything. Visit skillshare.com/spirits2 to get two months of Skillshare Premium for free! This week Amanda recommends “Making Your First Zine: From Idea to Illustration” by Kate Bingaman-Burt.
- Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service that finds and delivers clothes, shoes, and accessories to fit your body, budget, and lifestyle. Get started at stitchfix.com/spirits for 25% off when you keep your whole box!
- ThirdLove is on a mission to find a perfect bra for everyone. Get 15% off your first order at thirdlove.com/spirits.
Find Us Online
If you like Spirits, help us grow by spreading the word! Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads. You can support us on Patreon to unlock bonus Your Urban Legends episodes, director’s commentaries, custom recipe cards, and so much more. We also have lists of our book recommendations and previous guests’ books at spiritspodcast.com/books.
Transcripts are available at spiritspodcast.com/episodes. To buy merch, hear us on other podcasts, contact us, find our mailing address, or download our press kit, head on over to SpiritsPodcast.com.
Spirits was created by Julia Schifini, Amanda McLoughlin and Eric Schneider. We are founding members of Multitude, an independent podcast collective and production studio. Our music is "Danger Storm" by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com), licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0.